Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Rest in Peace Rusty!


I felt the need to post this separately from my crafty card blog posts. OMGoodness...Hope you all don't mind...this hits close to home as we share our lives with God's creations.  


This is a photo of a dear old friend that Bruce and I have gotten to know very well over this past year including his brother and sister Santana and Shay. 

Bruce did most of the daily cleaning and release to pasture for these three loving beasts. But we took Rusty in when Santana and Shay would go riding with owners, Chris and Jerry on camping trips throughout the summer.

Rusty was 33 years old and rode thousands of miles in his 18+ years with his family. However, as seniors, we have to stay home and take it easy, enjoy the retirement years.


We took him in with our herd (Dallas and Duncan) so he wouldn't be so lonely when family was out of town.

We lost a good friend this weekend but his memory will always live on.

RIP “Rusty Bucket”

We will miss YOU!

Hugz...Aunt Cath and Uncle Bruce




6 comments:

Shelly G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What a beautiful boy! I am so sorry for your loss. I had my mare 23 years, she was 4 when I got her...I was so devastated all those years ago, I still miss her steadiness and trust....
33 years! Wow!!!!! He had a wonderful life here, and now he can run like the wind! :)

Céline said...

I'm so sorry for you!!!
thinking of you
hugs
céline

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

So sorry Cath
I understand you,
my sister has horses
and this are such amazing companions
be strong
hugs Tamara

angelwhispers said...

So sorry to read your post Cath he looks such a gorgeous horse and I bet he gave you lots of special memories while you had him in your care xxxxxx

Letty Aguilar said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Cathy.
I hope that all the good memories will cheer you up a bit.
Hugs
Letty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...